I am a Research Engineer at the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore working with Dr. Basura Fernando, mainly focussing on action recognition and forecasting. I am also a Senior Software Engineer and the Project Lead of the computer vision team at Reservoir Rock Technologies, Australia working on object detection, recognition and scene understanding.
I received my Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) from University of Moratuwa in 2017, my Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from University of London in 2016. I received my Honours Degree of Bachelor of the Science of Engineering (B.Sc. in Engineering) from University of Moratuwa, where I completed my thesis on Capsule Networks under the supervision of Dr. Ranga Rodrigo.
My research interests lie at the intersection of computer vision and machine learning. I am enthusiastic about developing novel, interpretable, efficient, and robust neural network architectures, algorithms, and systems that can generalize well to push the boundaries of vision and ML tasks towards human-level performance.
- December 2019: First author paper accepted to IEEE Sensors Journal!
- December 2019: I attended and presented our work on tree-structured capsule networks at NeurIPS'19 in Vancouver, Canada.
- December 2019: One paper accepted to ICAART'20!
- September 2019: One paper accepted to the ML for Systems Workshop, NeurIPS'19!
- July 2019: One paper accepted to ICSME'19!
- June 2019: I attended and presented our work on going deeper with capsule networks at CVPR'19 in Long Beach, USA.
- March 2019: One paper accepted to CVPR'19!
- January 2019: I attended and presented our work on handwritten character recognition with very small datasets at WACV'19 in Hawaii, USA.
- November 2018: One paper accepted to WACV'19!